How to Buy Expired Domains: A Complete Guide for Website Owners and Entrepreneurs Published: 17 Feb, 2023
Have you ever considered buying an expired domain for your business or personal website? Buying expired domains can be a great way to boost your website's SEO, increase traffic, and improve your online presence. In this guide, we'll show you everything you need to know about buying expired domains, from where to find them to how to evaluate their potential value.
Why Buy Expired Domains?
Before we dive into the details of buying expired domains, let's discuss why it's worth considering. Expired domains are domains that have been abandoned by their previous owners and are now available for purchase. These domains may have built up valuable backlinks, traffic, and authority over time, which can benefit your website's SEO efforts.
By buying an expired domain, you can inherit the benefits of the previous owner's work, without having to start from scratch. This can help you rank higher in search engine results, attract more organic traffic, and establish your website's authority in your niche.
Where to Find Expired Domains?
There are several ways to find expired domains. One of the easiest and most popular ways is to use domain marketplace websites like GoDaddy Auctions, Flippa, and Sedo. These websites allow you to browse through thousands of expired domains and filter them by metrics like domain age, backlinks, and authority.
Another way to find expired domains is to use expired domain crawler tools like ExpiredDomains.net or FreshDrop. These tools scan the internet for expired domains and provide you with a list of available domains that meet your criteria.
How to Evaluate the Potential Value of Expired Domains?
Once you've found some expired domains that interest you, it's important to evaluate their potential value. Here are some factors to consider:
- Domain Authority - Check the domain's authority score using tools like Moz or Ahrefs. The higher the score, the more valuable the domain is likely to be.
- Backlinks - Look at the number and quality of backlinks the domain has. Check the anchor text and make sure the links are relevant to your niche.
- Content - Check if the domain has any existing content that you can repurpose for your own website.
- History - Check the domain's history to make sure it doesn't have a negative reputation or any previous penalties from search engines.
- Competition - Check the competition for the domain's target keywords and evaluate whether it's worth pursuing.
How to Buy Expired Domains?
Once you've found an expired domain that meets your criteria, it's time to buy it. Here are the steps you'll need to take:
- Check the domain's availability and pricing on the marketplace or domain crawler tool you used to find it.
- Place a bid or make an offer if it's an auction or negotiation-based sale.
- Complete the purchase through the marketplace or domain registrar. Make sure to transfer the domain to your own hosting provider.
- Check for any penalties or negative reputation associated with the domain.
Buying expired domains can be a great way to boost your website's SEO, traffic, and authority. By following the steps in this guide, you can find and evaluate the potential value of expired domains, and successfully purchase them for your website or business. Remember to do your due diligence and evaluate each domain's potential value before making a purchase.